Monday 26 January 2009

five: the sum of my parts equals the terms by which they are defined

I walk away from time today. I leave it as an unsolved mystery that will forever be a space in an otherwise solid mass but it seems my life is filled with hollows. As I distance my self from one I am only becomming closer to another. On a nice day, one of no more and no less importnace than any other I stretch my bones and all that binds them together within my glass encased space of a room. I peel one lid from it´s other half and wake myself to great the day. Sometime is is still dark out, the Czech´s start their days early, but this day is of my own design and the sun has risen. "My body is a temple". I whisper the words that were passed on by my mother and drink a cold glass of water to rush and fill the riverbeds within me. I remind my unloved parts of themselves and through some sort of exercise whether it be dancing wildly into the day or lying on the floor lifting my limbs redundently until I feel some warming sensation I give my mass of being life and a reason to keep pumping. I walk through the day with a confident grace. I am aware of myself in my surroundings and I make sure to nourish both and pay mind. An equally healing relationship to be shared; my two selves giving and providing for each other both mind and shell alike. Someday of equal improtance, no less, no more, my body is an ashtray. It consumes all that I feed it and rejects my ways only at times of great distress. The bellows breath in deeply as the smoke inhales and exhales and it thrives off of the ability to be reckless just as it rejoices in the ability to be pristine. Each day passes as its own.

Addiction is something that I have never had much sympathy for mainly because I have always believed in my ability to not be addicted to something. Well, we learn as we go. I am addicted to the days and how I may abuse them and live by them. I am addicted to the ability to live as I choose and wake up the next day and choose some new form of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment